Check writing software is an essential part of small business accounting solutions. When it comes to reliably producing paychecks for your workers, it’s a lot more involved than whipping out the personal checkbook. You need to calculate and withhold the appropriate payroll taxes for your business and your workers. You need that information to be organized and reported on your quarterly and end-of-year filing forms. And you need to know that your checks are secure, yet readily printable.
You may also be looking for companion check writing software to go along with direct deposit processing. Voided paycheck writing is still a useful tool to help employees track the information within discrete pay periods as well as YTD information. But no matter how your business has set up its accounting, you need paycheck software that is dependable, reasonably priced, and compatible with the rest of your small business data files. To this end, you’re not going to find a better answer than Advanced Micro Solutions (AMS).
AMS Payroll and Check Writing Software
AMS offers a versatile and user-friendly system for paycheck and direct deposit processing. Like all of our software solutions, it’s built on our W-2/1099 Forms Filer. This intuitive, menu-driven platform provides a reliable way to leverage all of our software technologies, including AMS Payroll. Meanwhile, the rest of our modular products make it easy to customize your solution with additional features at a great price. But first, take a look at some of the capabilities you’ll enjoy with our payroll software:
Paycheck Software Features
- Process “Live” or After-The-Fact Payroll.
- Automatically calculate federal, state and local payroll taxes.
- State and Federal tax tables are updated as needed.
- Up to 40 User Defined Fields can be set up for deductions/additions such as 401K or Health Insurance.
- Processes Employee Direct Deposit, as well as more than 30 different check types.
- Checks can be printed individually, or by Date Range.
- Default checks are used to setup default check information.
- Imports data from QuickBooks, PeachTree, Excel and Tab Delimited Text files.
- Exports data to a Tab‑Delimited Text File and/or QuickBooks General Journal.
- Creates an SSN Verification file.
- Reports include Payer/Tax Summary, Employee Detail and Worker’s Compensation, just to name a few.
- Supports Federal payroll forms such as the 941, 940, 943, 944 and 1040 Sch H. See complete forms list.
- Includes SUI forms for all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. See complete forms list.
- E-file 941, 944, and 940 forms, as well as state quarterly returns.
- Tax deposit information and disbursements can be recorded.
- Support for up to 1,999 payers and up to 9,999 employees per payer.
- MICR checks can also be printed on blank check stock with Software Generated Forms and virtually any Windows compatible laser printer. Check with your bank for magnetic toner and other requirements.
- The payroll data will export to the W-2/1099 Forms Filer to produce year-end forms such as the W-2 and/or 1099 forms, with just a few simple clicks.
- The E-Filer will electronically file your year-end W-2 and 1099 forms to the IRS/SSA.
Getting Started with AMS
Want to see our software in action? Trying to get the full picture on how our different modules interact with one another? You can download our free demo, or talk to our Sales and Information team at (800) 536-1099. A lot of employers and business owners quickly recognize the value of our payroll and check writing software.