Payroll programs for accountants are not hard to find. Sifting through all the free software that can’t really do the job, online software reviews that never really seem to speak to your accounting priorities anyway, and the dozens of options that are out there payroll software solutions. But there’s something that makes Advanced Micro Solutions (AMS) different and has defined our more than three decades of success in providing support for W-2, 1099, and Payroll services.
The W-2/1099 Forms Filer from AMS is a powerful platform solution from which you can customize a suite of modular payroll and form filing products. For payroll accounting, our primary solution is AMS Payroll. This wide-ranging module provides all the essential data management features needed to calculate and process employer payroll:
- Processes “Live” or After-The-Fact Payroll.
- Supports all 50 states plus the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.
- Up to 1,999 Payers and 9,999 employees supported per payer.
- Easy Payer and Employee Setup.
- Excellent for meeting all small business payroll software needs.
- Automatically calculate federal, state and local payroll taxes.
- State and Federal tax tables are included and updated as needed.
- Up to 40 User Defined Fields can be set up for deductions/additions such as 401K or Health Insurance.
- Processes direct deposit with support for over 30 Check Types.
- Default checks are used to set up default check information.
- Supports Federal payroll forms such as the 941, 940, 943, 944 and 1040 SchH.
- Includes SUI forms for all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.
- Electronically file 941, 944, and 940 forms.
- Exports data to the W-2/1099 Forms Filer for year-end processing.
- Includes the ability to magnetically/electronically file nearly 30 state quarterly returns.
- Imports data from QuickBooks, PeachTree, Excel and Tab Delimited Text files.
- Exports data to a Tab‑Delimited Text File and/or QuickBooks General Journal.
AMS Payroll Software Module Pricing
|AMS Payroll Software|
|Price $129 Order Now|
Versatile Payroll Programs for Accountants at a Great Price
Don’t be fooled into thinking that cloud-based software services are somehow superior or more customizable. Our modular software approach delivers plenty of options for packaging software features, while our flat-fee prices consistently undercut monthly subscription fees. Looking to do a cost comparison? For $200-$500 (below), you can build an AMS software suite with all the payroll and filing form features your accountant, or accounting business, needs. Compare this with $50/month, at the low end, for payroll service subscription fees.
In addition to primary payroll management, other modules can provide support for supplemental filing forms. Need support for Form 2848 (Power of Authority), Form 8809 (Request for Extension), 941-X (941 Correction Info), and/or SS-4 (EIN Application)? Choose our Forms Filer Plus. Looking to print MICR checks as a payroll service? You’ll want to pick up our Software-Generated Forms. Multiple E-File Software options offer low prices for piecemeal mail services, as well as e-file solutions for an unlimited number of forms. We also offer standalone support for ACA and 1042-S filings. Check out all our products and prices to find the best payroll programs for accountants, whether you’re an in-house employee or independent accounting firm:
- W2/1099 Forms Filer (required platform)—$79
- Payroll Software—$129
- Software-Generated Forms—$79
- Forms Filer Plus—$49
- E-File Direct—$109
- Affordable Care Act Filer—$79
- 1042-S Filer—$79