The State of Minnesota has several withholding requirements small business owners should understand. By law, an employer is required to withholding both federal and state income taxes from all employees’ paychecks or cash payments for services. Additionally, employers must withhold FICA tax (Social Security and Medicare Tax), Federal Unemployment Tax, and Minnesota Unemployment tax from paychecks each pay period. The state has a progressive income tax system, so these figures are based on an employee’s earnings. If this sounds like a lot of math every couple of weeks, you’re right – it is.
Unfortunately, most small business owners don’t have the time necessary to complete these calculations every pay period. If you spend the several hours calculating Minnesota payroll tax, you may risk deducting an inaccurate figure from a paycheck, then reporting that inaccuracy in tax and wage forms later in the year. The best way to quickly and efficiently move through Minnesota payroll tax calculations is to invest in a Minnesota payroll calculator. That’s where we can help.
Advanced Micro Solutions creates accounting software for small businesses. Our payroll tool, AMS Payroll ($129), automatically calculates local, state, and federal withholding tax, then subtracts this figure from employee paychecks. Investing in this type of paycheck software is the best way to save time and guarantee accurately reported numbers.
More About AMS Payroll
Understanding Minnesota payroll tax requires more than a calculator. Investing in a payroll software with advanced features will ensure accuracy and help with monthly, quarterly, and/or end-of-year tax filing. See what AMS Payroll offers below.
- Automatically calculates local, state, and federal withholding tax
- Imports data from QuickBooks, Excel, PeachTree, and Tab-Delimited Text Files
- Exports data to a Tab-Delimited Text File and/or QuickBooks General Journal
- Print checks individually or by date range
- Up to 1,999 payers supported, with up to 9,999 employees per payer
- Creates an SSN Verification file
- Easy Payer and Employee Setup
- Automatic saving feature ensures data is never lost
- SUI forms for all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico
- Up to 40 user-defined fields for deductions/additions, like 401K and healthcare
- Support for end-of-year reporting, tax form preparation, and electronic filing
W2 - 1099 Forms Filer Pricing
|AMS W2 & 1099 Software|
|Price $79 Order Here!|
See What We Can Do for You
AMS offers more than a Minnesota payroll calculator. In fact, we provide a full catalogue of software tools designed for small businesses. See below for a full list of our software products.
- W2/1099 Forms Filer (required platform)—$79
- Payroll Software—$129
- Software-Generated Forms—$79
- E-File Direct—$109
- Affordable Care Act Filer—$79
- Forms Filer Plus—$49
If you’re not yet sure this is the product for your business, we encourage you to take us for a test drive. We have made our software available in the form of a free demo, allowing potential customers to try some basic calculations before investing in the tool. If you still have questions, please call our Sales and Information team (800-536-1099) or visit our client testimonials page.
If you’re used to spending hours completing Minnesota payroll tax calculations, adjusting to a streamlined system can be a shock. However, we are sure our product is exactly what your business needs to move forward.