Importing 1099s from QuickBooks is simple. You can import the information to our program by creating a PRN file within Quickbooks. Here’s a quick step-by-step guide to walk you through the process.
- The first step in importing 1099’s from QuickBooks is to install a Generic/Text Only printer on your computer. While setting up this printer, you should set it to print to a file. If you are unsure about how to install a printer on your computer, consult your Windows Documentation or the Windows Help Files.
- After this printer is installed, start QuickBooks and print your 1099’s to the Generic/Text Only printer. As long as this printer is set to print to a file, you will be prompted to enter a filename to save the print to. You will need to remember the name of this file, as well as where it is saved. We recommend jotting this information down on a sticky note before moving to the next step.
- Once the file has been saved, start the 1099-Etc program and select Utilities>Import Assistant from the Main Menu.
- Next, select Import from a QB 1099 PRN File and click OK. Using standard Windows drive and directory navigation, you will then need to select the 1099 PRN file that was just created and click OK.
- Enter an output filename and click OK. This will create an import file that can be imported into the 1099-Etc program.
Once you’ve completed all five steps, you’ll have successfully imported your 1099s from QuickBooks. Keep in mind that AMS products allow users to import data from a variety of sources, including Excel, form print files, and ordinary text file. This is especially important for our W2/1099 Forms Filer.
W2 - 1099 Forms Filer Pricing
|AMS W2 & 1099 Software|
|Price $79 Order Here!|
Our tools are some of the most versatile in the accounting software market. From multiple import and export options to modular services and pricing, you’ll never overspend to get the exact service you need. If you already love your AMS tool, consider adding a modular software, like the Forms Filer Plus, to get even more out of your system.